Fulton Street Market
5 REASONS TO BUY LOCALLY GROWN FOOD
- YOU’LL GET EXCEPTIONAL TASTE AND FRESHNESS. Local food is fresher and tastes better than food shipped long distances from other states or countries. Local farmers can offer produce varieties bred for taste and freshness rather than for shipping and long shelf life.
- YOU’LL STRENGTHEN YOUR LOCAL ECONOMY. Buying local food keeps your dollar circulating in your community. Getting to know the farmers who grow your food builds relationships based on understanding and trust, the foundation of strong communities.
- YOU’LL SUPPORT ENDANGERED FAMILY FARMS. There’s never been a more critical time to support your farming neighbors. With each local food purchase, you ensure that more of your money spent on food goes to the farmer.
- YOU’LL PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT. Local food doesn’t have to travel far. This reduces carbon dioxide emissions and packing materials. Buying local food also helps to make farming more profitable and selling farmland for development less attractive.
- YOU’LL SAFEGUARD YOUR FAMILY’S HEALTH. Knowing where your food comes from and how it is grown or raised enables you to choose safe food from farmers who avoid or reduce their use of chemicals, pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, or genetically modified seed in their operations. Buy food from local farmers you trust.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.